Wednesday, December 10, 2008

There's Always Room for Hope....

So a dear friend of our family sent us an email tonight explaining that her (follow me here) daughter-in-law's friend's dad has the same kind of cancer as my dad! Which is crazy because Cholangiocarcinoma is very rare! Apparently his doctors gave him 6-9 months and that was 4 years ago! Praise Jesus! Now I know that every person and ever cancer is different, but there is always room for hope! Amen?!!

Dad's cancer has not spread outside of the liver so let's just pray specifically for healing there and that the chemo will slow the growth rate. The chemo by the way did make dad throw up today, which makes me sad because dad hates and I emphasize HATES throwing up. I know, really, who likes to throw up?! But still, there are very few times in my life that I have known him to throw up. All in all I think he's doing ok....all things considered.

I went to church tonight...WOW, what a special place for me to be in such a time as this! I go to The Church at Grace Point and I truly believe that it is filled with some of THE most amazing people on this earth. Countless numbers of people stopped as they were passing by and asked me how I was and reminded me of the prayers they were lifting up on my dad's behalf. I have one family who lives in the neighborhood behind us who is willing and waiting to keep the kids if I need them too. I have another friend, well Dedra, who I've written about before, who is planning on keeping the kids Friday night so I can go visit dad and get some things done around the house. Then there's our pastor....my pastor...my friend. His name is Phil and I know he prays for my dad daily. Several friends have written me notes on Facebook and emailed me and that encourages me. It really truly is nice to know so many people care.

Now, as far as hope goes.... 1 Peter 1:13 says, "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed."

What better way for Christ to reveal himself to many than through healing my father. That is my hope....

1 comment:

LoriGrauso said...

Laura:

What good news to hear which just proves that we must never give up and just keep praying that Doug will beat the odds. I am with Doug in that "loosing your food via the mouth" just is not pleasing to anyone, but I suppose God choose that for some reason.

We will keep praying and I have my classmates even Bryant Millsaps who I went to school with. His father was principal of Central High School. Your Mom will recognize the name. He is now with the Baptist Children's Home and I am honored to be his friend.

I think this good news just proves that as long as we have faith, God will supply our needs.

Aunt Loretta