Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'll Bring the Clippers....

Today's the day! Dad started his chemotherapy this morning at Memorial Hospital. I had a wonderful opportunity to pray with dad on his way to the hospital. That was nice. His appointment was at 9:30 and I called mom around 11:30 and she said dad would be in there for a couple of more hours. Dad seemed to be in good spirits, I asked him if when he goes bald if the kids could grab a marker and color on his head :) He replied, "I hope I'm feisty enough to let them do that!" I also told him I would bring the clippers over and go ahead and shave his hair off if he wanted me too, he said, "We'll see."

I'll update again this afternoon once mom and dad get home and I have a chance to talk to them. Thank you for your prayers. We must believe!

2 comments:

Tony Simmons said...

I wanted you to know that we are praying for your Dad and your family (even though you probably already know this) and to tell you that the link to GPKids is a different blog than the Grace Point Kids blog. Just wanted to let you know.
Tony

LoriGrauso said...

Laura:
You are too funny but I truly belive that your great sense of humor will go far in your Dad's care. You have always been so good with Momo to make her laugh.

I will await any news and continue to pray

Aunt Loretta