Monday, December 15, 2008

Honey-Roasted Nuts and Bolts

FINALLY!!! "Honey-Roasted Nuts and Bolts" that was the Before and After puzzle on Wheel of Fortune tonight that I finally got (beating dad to get it!) You don't understand, my dad is the Wheel of Fortune CHAMP! Him and mom used to play, seriously play, like it was nobody's business. I would always sit there and just stare at the TV screen thinking, "How does he do that?" There have been many times through the years that I have played, but have never beaten him to the punch...until tonight! :)
What a great night...Eric and I had gone over to mom and dad's tonight to put the tree up and get it decorated. Luke has a runny nose so we asked Jerry and Vickie Chandler if they would watch the kids, and they graciously accepted, and they even came to our house to do so! What a blessing! Well the tree gave us a run for our money, but the time spent with dad made me glad it took so long. I know he didn't feel great, but he sure did act good. We watched Wheel of Fortune and then Charlie Brown's Christmas. It was fun! At one point tonight dad mentioned that this summer he would like for all of us to go to the river and have a picnic :) So new prayer request! Please pray that we will be able to do that!!! He was so sincere in his request! It made me smile, but I also had to hold back the tears. I will be devastated if we don't get to go to the river. But we WILL, because God is going to heal Him. I truly believe this!
Dad has had a few good days. Saturday he went to Ryans to eat, Sunday he went to church, and today he went to IHOP. Tomorrow he is going to Watts Bar with a friend because Unit II is opening. He helped build this before they shut it down. He's wanted to see this for a long time. I'm glad he is going to get too!

So I know I'm just kind of rambling tonight, but I'm just so excited at the good days dad has had and the good time I had with him tonight. I wish Holly had been there, but maybe she can come tomorrow night. Eric and I are going back to finish decorating. So if there is anyone who would like to babysit, please let me know! :) I hate that I can't take the kids, but I don't want to take the chance of them getting dad sick. They aren't sick, but you never know when something is going to pop up!

Thank you for your prayers....remember pray for dad's strength, appetite, and for his picnic plans!

1 comment:

rsimms said...

Thanks for you an Holly for helping me keep up with your Dad. As I told him, and he knows, I'm the world's worst about picking up a phone to call.

But it doesn't mean that I don't care... a lot!

He's a good man and his wisdom has meant much to me.

All of you "Be blessed."