Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Fish are Lonely!


Tonight I was thinking about my father-in-law and all the great memories I have with him fishing. The early morning stops at krystals and before the sun comes up we are out in the bone chilling freezing river because somebody might beat us to the "spot". By early afternoon we have caught our limit and are on our way home with a cooler full. Once we get home Tim usually comes over to help Doug clean the fish. This is the routine that I would like to experience one more time. I would not care if I did not even catch one fish, but that would be very unlikely because Doug is the best fisherman. I was reading the Bible tonight and I came across something that made me think of him. Mark 1:17 "Come follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." As I continued to read Mark 1 and 2 it talks about how Jesus heals many. I thought this to be ironic that I was thinking of Doug and read the passage about Jesus telling Simon, Andrew, James, and John to lay down their nets and come follow Him and as I continued to read I read about Jesus' ability to heal. God made Doug to be a fisherman! He loves to fish and loves to teach people how to fish like him. I pray I have another chance to learn from the pro! I have a feeling the fish are becoming overpopulated with him on the sidelines. The fish must be lonely and having withdrawals from Doug's frequent visits. God please give Doug many more fishing trips before he has to lay down his net. You are the great Healer!

1 comment:

LoriGrauso said...

Very sweet Eric. I loved reading your blog. Just keep praying and Doug will be out there fishing again.

Keep us posted and please post more comments. I think we all would like to know how other family members are feeling. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.