Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve with Dad...My Miracle!

YAY!!! What a great picture above! This pic is the best Christmas present I could have asked for. Praise God for allowing us to get this picture! :)
Emma and Luke are watching Papa eat. Emma desperately wanted a bite of Papa's chili, but she couldn't, so she settled for eating my bowl :( lol

We attempted a photo with all the grandkids. We got the photo, but not everyone was happy about it :)


This ornament says, "BELIEVE". I got this for mom and dad.



Dad wore his mask for a little why to prevent catching anything....he later took it off because it was itchy and uncomfortable.


It's 1:15 A.M., I need to go to bed...but..I had to post something about tonight real quick! My dad DID come tonight for our Christmas Eve party! We had such a great time! Dad seemed in good spirits, the kids, had fun, the food was good, and Holly and I acted like 10 year olds..lol. The night couldn't have been better. Dad still didn't feel great, but he did feel a lot better than the last few days. Praise be to God for that! We got a lot of good pictures with dad and I think he really enjoyed himself. Thank you for your prayers and who knows maybe God will still perform that BIG miracle we are all so hoping for!
Merry Christmas!
Laura

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ten-year-olds??? That's rather generous. I thought we were more like four-year-olds myself... :)

LoriGrauso said...

Dear Laura;

Thank you so much for the update. I especially appreciate the fact that you are facing this with some humor and optimisism. I know it is hard, but trust me that is what your Dad will need to see from everyone.

We will continue to pray. I think what Eric did was so sweet and shows that he truly is a caring and loving husband who is there for you.

Please keep us posted. I am glad that the IVs helped and Doug has some of his strength back and in time to enjoy Christmas.

Much love,
Aunt Loretta