Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I Wanna See Papa!"

"I wanna see Papa," Emma expressed as we drove down the road this evening. We were going home, but I quickly turned the car around and headed to Papa's.
Dad had a friend over so we didn't stay long but the time we were there was still precious. Emma ran in the door and ran straight to hug her Papa! What a beautiful moment.
Dad had his first round of chemotherapy today and tonight he was feeling it. He said he was not feeling well at all. He was still in good spirits, and he joked about how the kids are going to draw on his head with markers once he loses all his har. (Don't worry, when that time comes, there will be pictures!) Eric plans to shave his head too so that Dad won't be alone. I must say, I am not excited about Dad losing his mustache. The ONLY time I have ever seen my father without a mustache was when I was a very young child and he had some great idea to shave it off. I saw him and started screaming, "I want my daddy, where's my daddy!" I did not believe that that was him..lol. I guess I will be prepared this time, but I wander if Emma will take after me and share in my same reaction! :)
When I left tonight, Dad's friend was praying with him. What a glorious sight to see my dad with his head bowed and hands clasped. It doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

LoriGrauso said...

How very sweet to just picture a small child needing to see her Papa.

I have discoverd how well a writer you are Laura as I could picture the whole event as it unfolded.

We must be as a small child to enter the Kingdom of Heaven the Bible quotes and we see this in the everyday life of children. The are slow to anger and quick to forgive.

Thank you for the update and I pray the chemo treatment will help in some way and that Doug will be able to tolerate the treatments with little or no discomfort.

I will watch for the next update. I admire your courage as you heed your small child in the want to see her Papa.

I will continue to pray for Doug for within our prayers lies tomorrow and what God has waiting for us believers. To see hands folded in prayer has always brought tears to my eyes for we are never closer to God than when we fold our hands and kneel in prayer.

We love you,
Aunt Loretta

Jes said...

My dad only shaved off his mustache once in my life too. I had the same reaction as you. Isn't it funny that facial hair can make that much difference?