Friday, January 30, 2009

Westminster Bells Go Ding Dong, Ding Dong Dong

Last night Mom, Holly, Mark, Dan, Eric, and I got to go to Chili's for dinner. It was nice to get out and just have time together without having to directly think of everything that's going on. Some of Dad's friends had stopped by and graciously said they would stay and take care of him while we went out. The highlight of the night was when good ol' Dan started singing the song, "The Westminster Bells go ding dong, ding dong dong....." then my mom would start singing and he would say, "No that's not right, here let me do it and then you try again!" :) Aren't children great!!? They always make you smile!

So while we were gone Dad kept wanting to sit up and stand up, so the guys obliged. They got him up so many times while we were gone, it gave him some good exercise, plus it would good to see he had that kind of energy. When we got back the guys left after a while and it was Mom, Teresa, and I. Dad wanted to sit up so I told him he could but to not try and stand up because it wasn't safe. He said ok! In days past he would have kept trying, like he didn't understand. While he was sitting there he said he was hungry so Mom was able to feed him about 3/4 cup of applesauce. I think that's the first thing he had eaten in a couple of days!

Earlier in the day my brother called and I put the phone up to Dad's ear so he could say hi. Well, when I hung up the phone Dad asked for water....so I gave it to him. Well then he started calling for my brother.."Danny, Danny!" I said, "Dad why do you want Danny?" He said, "Because I need someone who is capable of giving me some water!" LOL Apparently I wasn't doing a good job (even though he was getting water and it wasn't spilling!) I thought that was funny, and Dad has definitely shown that he's still got his personality!

No comments: