Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Night to Remember

It's 12:40 a.m. and I'm sitting in my grandmother's hospital room with my mother and sister. Mom is in the glider sound asleep and Holly is on the floor, sound asleep. I am staying up for now watching my grandmother. Dr. Marcum said earlier that he felt like she may not make it through the night or at least through tomorrow. Of course he doesn't get the final say, but that was his experiential guess. Her blood pressure was as low as 88/29 but it has gone up a little as of last check. Her pulse rate has been steady at around 131. The nurses took her off the heart monitor, so if she does go they will not know....which is why I am trying to stay awake. She seems to be sleeping peacefully right now. Please pray that she stays comforted.

It has been an emotional night, but it will definitly be a night to remember. It is very special for my mother, sister, and I to be spending the night together. It really is quite a picture. It almost makes me laugh. There are 3 grown adults sleeping snuggly around a huge oxygen bed where my grandmother is lying. I feel certain that if you could see us, you would chuckle :)

So now that we're all laughing, let me tell you about my dad (you will get more in depth details from my sister's page if you want to go there after you read.) Mom and Dad went to see his doctor today for the CT results. In a nutshell, the doctor said he has 3-6 months barring a miracle from God. That's really all I have in me to say, which is why I am directing you toward my sister's blog. I will say this....PRAISE GOD MY DAD'S A CHRISTIAN!!!!!! :)

I would also like to publicly thank Craig and Lindsay Sluder for keeping our kids tonight. Eric was supposed to pick them up around 9 but then when I realized my grandmother was worse, they told us not to worry about the time. I think Eric finally got there around 10:30. I tell you, we have the most amazing friends any one could ask for. How encouraging to look around and see so many selfless acts being done for you and your family. I don't think I will ever be the same....and I'm glad.

1 comment:

laughing all the way said...

Oh Sweety!
I wish I could be there with you, so I will be there in prayers with and for you.
Love and hugs,
Becky H