Sunday, January 11, 2009

Oh How I Love My Bed!

After 3 days and 3 nights of staying at the hospital with my grandmother, I finally got to sleep in my bed this afternoon. Let me tell you, I LOVE MY BED!! Thursday night I didn't go to sleep until about 5am and slept for about an hour. Friday night I slept in the recliner pretty much all night, that wasn't too bad. Then last night, Eric stayed there with me and I gave him the recliner and I slept on the wooden glider with my head on my grandmothers bed. My mom came about 9am and we went home and slept from 10am-4pm. I have never been so in love with my bed in my LIFE!!! :)

Mom-o (that's our name for her) has pneumonia and was only given a few days if the fluid was not drained. They were skeptical about performing the procedure because the surgeon was not sure if she could handle the anesthesia. After more fluid was found in her lungs they decided to perform the procedure. She made it through fine but is in a lot of pain still from the chest tube. They started her on morphine last night but have stopped it today because her blood pressure was so low. Holly, Eric, and I were there last night and counted her breaths. She was taking 9 per minute, that was a little worrisome. Today she has just slept. She has not been able to eat but we are praying that she will be able to once the tube is taken out and the pain lessens. I will either go back tonight or wait until tomorrow.

Dad had a ct scan last week and called to get the results as planned on Thursday. The nurse could not give him the results over the phone because the doctor wanted to meet with him instead. We do not think that is a good thing, so we are preparing for bad news. Dad and Mom go on Tuesday at noon for their meeting. Pray for strength for both of them, if the news is bad, mom still has to drive them home from Memorial, so please pray for their safety.

Dad also had 3.7 liters drained from his abdomen on Friday and was so excited about having room to eat and not feeling bloated. However the same day he developed thrush and sores on his tongue, so he still can't eat. Hopefully within a couple of days his tongue will have healed up.

Let me say this again....God is good! There have been several great things already come from this time in our family's life. I don't ever doubt the wonderful things that God is doing and will do through this all. I look forward to where God is taking us!

I also want to say thank you to all the friends that have shown such support during this time. The prayers, and calls, and emails, and food, and visits to see us at the hospital has been graciously overwhelming and I love everyone for it. I thank God for blessing us with such wonderful people.

2 comments:

Mrs. Southern said...

Praying for your Dad, Grandmother and you guys too! Keep staying strong!

laughing all the way said...

Missed you in church today. I will be praying for you, your grandma, your dad and the rest of your family.
Love and hugs,
Becky