Monday, February 2, 2009

12:42

12:42 p.m. was the time the phone rang. I answered it and my sister was on the other end. She said the hospital had just called and Mom-o, our dear sweet grandmother, was gone.

I had been outside playing in the snow with Emma. Ten minutes earlier Eric had arrived home and we were running around in the snow and having a snowball fight when I stopped with a feeling...a feeling I now know was God speaking to me. I felt Him say, "The time has come." I knew it was about my grandmother. I quickly thought, do I leave now or do I keep playing with Emma and Eric? I desperately wanted to be with my grandmother when the time came and she entered into Heaven's doors. I quickly made a decision....I decided to stay and play with my daughter, who was having the time of her life. Ten minutes later the phone rang. The time had come and she was gone. I am at complete peace at knowing the Lord works everything out the way He wants it done. Eric arrived home a few minutes before the phone call because school had been called off due to snow. My sister actually took the phone call at my parent's house regarding my grandmother. She was there because she is a teacher as well and was off work. Neither of us would have been able to hurry over to the nursing home if it had not snowed. I believe we were where we were supposed to be and I have no regrets!

Thank you Lord for keeping your promises!

1 comment:

lindsay rae said...

i love you and admire you.