Thursday, February 5, 2009

Childcare Situation

To Family Members:

I wanted to let everyone know that I am working on the childcare situation for the funeral. If you are a family member who is planning on coming in town for the funeral and you have kids, please let me know. My church has graciously agreed to let us use their facilities for not only our central meeting place (because our family is so large) but also their childcare rooms during the funeral. I have people (who I trust dearly) who have agreed to stay and watch our children along with our children's pastor..He said he would be glad to stay and oversee the care. We need a guess on about how many children will be staying. Here's what will happen...we will drop the kids off at the church before the funeral and then we will pick them back up after the burial. My church is approximately 2 miles from mine and Holly's house. Please know that my children and Holly's children will be there and we trust them with all our hearts. Email me at mountainmom721@hotmail.com and let me know if you want to leave your children at the church. As far as the visitation goes, the funeral home will have a room where the kids can play and I will have babysitters there to watch them.

I stated above that we will also use the church as the central meeting place. Because we have such a large family and none of our houses will accomodate everyone, the church has said we can meet there when we want everyone to get together...i.e. after the burial, etc. My church has a nice cafe with lots of seating and a kitchen, so I think we will be comfortable there.

Email me if you want/need directions to the church and my house....email Holly if you need directions to her house....

No one will be staying with Mom once Dad passes, so let me know if you have questions regarding hotels or if you need a place to stay.

We love everyone very much and even though it will be under rough circumstances, we do look forward to seeing our family.

Let us know what we can do to help you!

Love,
Laura

2 comments:

Holly said...

We will have to double-check with Mark Grissom this afternoon to make sure that his funeral home DOES have a childcare room. I thought ALL funeral homes did, but Heritage does not, I found out. So we will find out about that this afternoon. If Grissom doesn't have one, can we use Grace Point for that, as well?

Unknown said...

I'm sure we can....