Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let Thy Will Be Done.....

Dear Family and Friends,



As much as we hoped that this time would never come, I'm afraid we are nearing the end. Dad has now been asleep for a solid 24 hours. Before this run he was asleep for 18 hours. As much as I would love for my sweet Dad to wake up and look at me or squeeze my hand or say I love you, I know if he's asleep he's not hurting. I know there are many of you who read Holly's and my blog for updates...all I can give you is his status, I choose not to share with you what I see everyday. Remember what he looks like in your mind and treasure that, because if you haven't seen him, trust me you don't want too. With that said, I will tell you this...His breathing is more labored and he is making horrible noises. The noises are apparently from all the secretions he's trying to clear from his throat. Mom is going to put a patch behind his ear tonight or tomorrow that will help dry up the fluid which should calm the noises. Mom, Holly, and I will be going to the funeral home tomorrow to make arrangments. We feel now that we cannot wait any longer. Continue praying for Dad's comfort and Mom's strength and of course as always remember to praise the Lord through this!



We will be seeing you all soon.



Love,

Laura

No comments: